Deserving Girls Deserve Dessert! Taking care of our bodies, taking care of the planet….What’s a girl to do when cravings must be satisfied and that sweet tooth has got to indulge? Raw vegan chocolate cake anyone? Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake. Not only will it knock your socks off, but it will impress anyone lucky enough to eat your “un-cooked” vegan deliciousness!
1. Place the hazelnuts and salt in the food processor and process until nuts are finely ground into a nice meal.
2. Add the dates, then process again until the mixture begins to hold together.
3. Then add the cacao powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and hazelnut liqueur.
4. Process again until the cacao is well blended throughout the entire mixture.
5. Place 1/3 cup of the cake mix in each of the ramekins and press the mixture down with your fingers to compact.
6. To make the ganache, place all ganache ingredients in a blender and process until creamy and smooth. (This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.)
7. Add 2 TBS of the chocolate ganache to the top of each cake-filled ramekin.
8. Top the cakes with the remaining cake mixture evenly among the 4 cups; approximately 2 TBS of the cake mixture.
9. Again slightly press down to encase the chocolate ganache.
10. Dehydrate at 105F for 15 hours.
Yield: 4- 6 ounce ramekins
Recipe courtesy of Chef Tina Jo. ChefTinJo.com replaces SplendorInTheRaw.com, creating an interactive community of people interested in Raw Veganism, either as a lifestyle or just another option for dinner. The site has forums, recipes, tips & tricks and my new eBook, Real Life Raw: 7 Day Juice Feasting available to download at no cost.
Tags: Chef Tina Jo, chocolate cake recipes, Juice Fast, raw cake, raw chocolate vegan cake, raw interactive community, Raw Veganism, Real Life Raw, Real Life Raw: 7 Day Juice Feasting, vegan chocolate cake recipes, vegan interactive community, Vegan Living