That hangover is hitting hard and you need carbs, and fast. But what to make to start the new year off sweetly and kindly? These dairy-free recipes from macadamia milk company Milkadamia, which is cholesterol-free, an excellent source of vitamins D and B12, and packs 50% more calcium than 2% dairy milk! Milkadamia’s products are available in the shelf stable section of over 6000 retailers throughout the US and freshly chilled in the refrigerated section of Walmart stores nationwide, and even Amazon. Although we love macadamia nut milk, in a pinch any non dairy milk will do, though the taste of the recipe may shift slightly.
Let’s get cooking! Vegan goodness is only 20 minutes away!
- Gingerbread Smoothie — Savor the flavors of Christmas, hey it was only a few days ago, we can still drag it out a few more days, with this ice cold, spiced treat that uses Milkadamia Unsweetened Vanilla Milk.
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls — Awaken your guests with the irresistible aroma of this classic breakfast. Its icing, which is made with Milkadamia Vanilla Creamer, takes it to the next level.
- Orange Challah French Toast — This easy-as-pie recipe calls for pre-made challah soaked in scintillating Milkadamia Vanilla Creamer, orange juice, and date honey syrup. Yum.
- 2 — ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 cup — Milkadamia Unsweetened Vanilla Milk
- 2 tbsp — Molasses
- ½ tsp — Cinnamon
- ½ tsp — Ginger, ground
- ¼ tsp — Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp — Cloves
- ¼ tsp — Allspice
Blend everything together.
Insert a fun straw, sprinkle with cookie crumbs, and enjoy.
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups — Milkadamia Unsweetened Vanilla (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup — Mac Nut Oil (macadamia oil)
- 1/4 cup — Sugar
- 1 tsp — Salt
- 5 cups — Flour
- 1 packet — Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup — Warm Water
- 1 tbsp — Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup — Vegan Butter or Mac Nut Oil
- 1/2 cup — Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup — Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp — Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup — Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp — Milkadamia Vanilla Creamer
In a small glass add warm water, 1 tbsp sugar, and yeast. Stir gently and let rest 5 minutes till “bloomed.”
In a large bowl, mix together Milkadamia, mac nut oil, sugar, salt, and flour. Once yeast has “bloomed” add the sugar, yeast, water mixture. Mix until a sticky dough forms. (Add more flour if too sticky, or more Milkadamia if too dry).
Oil the bowl and cover the dough with a damp towel or saran wrap. Let sit for at least 3 hours to let the dough rise.
Knead dough lightly and roll out on a floured surface into a rectangle shape.
Brush vegan butter or mac nut oil over the dough. Sprinkle evenly with the filling mixture and roll. Place the dough seam side down and begin cutting out rolls.
Place the rolls in an oiled oven safe dish and cover so the dough can rise for approx. 20 minutes.
Bake the rolls at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool slightly and then drizzle with icing.
- ½ cup — Milkadamia Vanilla Creamer
- 1 tbsp — Date Honey Syrup
- 2 tbsp — Orange Juice
- ½ cup — Maple Syrup
- 1 loaf — Challah Bread
Whisk together the first three ingredients in a shallow pan.
Slice challah into one inch slices.
Heat frying pan and coat with vegan butter
Quickly dip slices in Milkadamia mixture and transfer to pan and fry.
Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.