Chef Spike Mendelsohn developed “Easy Morning-after breakfast: Mind Blown Crab Cake Benedict with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce” (or substitute hearts of palm for Mind Blown Crab Cakes) will be the best Valentine’s Day breakfast they ever had!
- 1 Box Mind Blown Crab Cakes
- 1 package of JUST folded egg (or any egg substitute of choice)
- 2 English muffins of choice
- 3 TBSP Plant Based Butter
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 1 CUP Oat Milk
- 2 TSP Lemon Juice
- 3 TSP Nutritional Yeast
- 2 TSP Dijon Mustard
- ½ TSP Garlic Powder
- ½ TSP Salt
- Pinch Turmeric
1)Prepare the Mind Blown Crab Cakes from frozen:
*Stovetop: In a large skillet, heat high-heat oil. Once heated cook Mind Blown Crab Cakes 2-3 minute each side. Remove from skillet and reserve on a plate.
*Air Fryer: Spray the air fryer basket with high-heat oil. Add Mind Blown Crab Cakes; coat with cooking spray. Turn air fryer on at 370 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown; reserve on a plate.
2) Toast English Muffin and sear JUST Folded plant based eggs in a non-stick pan a few minutes each-side.
3) Make Hollandaise in Sauce Pan. Melt Butter over medium heat, add flour and whisk until combined with no lumps.
4) Add all remaining ingredients (oat milk, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic powder, salt, nutritional yeast, turmeric) – Whisk everything to combine and heat over medium heat until thickened.
5) Assemble your benedicts; plate English muffin halves, Mind Blown Crab Cakes, JUST folded Eggs, and spoon Hollandaise sauce over top. Finish with rough chopped Tarragon.