Quick: what would you do if you found an orphaned litter of baby squirrels outside? What would you do if your BFF decided to get married in a remote island in New Zealand and you just had to have vegan mac n cheese at 3am? Now there’s an app for that.
For example; The new app Animal Help Now can tell you exactly what to do in case of a wild animal emergency. With a few simple questions about the situation, and time/location data from the phone, the app guides the user to the nearest available emergency vet san francisco, wildlife rehabilitator, animal control agency, and more. The app works nationwide, so you can get help even when on the road.
Each day, app users are saving about 100 animals in need thanks to Animal Help Now.
And it only gets better.
Here are our TOP 6 MUST HAVE apps for animal lovers:
- Animal Help Now (ahnow.org) – get help for a wildlife emergency, find a local vet, report animal cruelty
- Leaping Bunny (leapingbunny.org) – guide to cruelty-free products
- WoofTrax (wooftrax.com) – raise money for animal orgs just by going for a walk, whether or not you have a dog
- HappyCow (happycow.net) – find vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants and food stores anywhere in the world
- Food Empowerment Project Chocolate List (foodispower.org) – most up-to-date guide to slavery-free chocolate
- Petfinder (petfinder.com) – enter your zipcode for a list of all adoptable pets in need of homes near you.
What are your favorite animal-conscious apps?