Know what petrochemicals are? You might not, but if you’ve ever used most of the personal lubricants currently on the market, chances are, they have affected you. According to the World Health Organization, these petrochemicals damage genital and rectal cell tissue.
Another thing you need to know about when it comes to lubricants is Bacterial Vagnosis (BV). If you’ve never heard of BV before, you’re not alone; most women haven’t!
Here’s what you need to know:
- BV occurs when the normal balance of good bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced with an overgrowth of certain types of harmful bacteria
- 2 in 5 women have it, but 84% don’t know they have it
- Women who have BV are 60% more likely to contract an STI
- They are also 3x more likely to infect their partners
Here’s the good news: You can look all you want, but you’ll never find a single petrochemical in clean and natural sexual wellness brand Sustain Personal Lubricants.
Risking BV? I don’t think so.
Now onto the stuff that might sound a little more familiar: Parabens and Glycerin. Two things that – like petrochemicals – you definitely don’t want going inside your body. Parabens, known mostly as toxins in personal care and cosmetics, cause many of the same health effects when found in personal lubricants. And when high concentrations of glycerin enter the vagina, cellular damage can occur and once cells are damaged they are less able to protect the body from contracting an STD or STI. If you think may already have either of these unwelcome guests already, you can find many testing clinics in Rockford Illinois but also in your local area. They are also available for advice as well. If you are feeling a little worried about popping into a clinic or your local doctors for an STD test, it is understandable but they are there to support and help you, however, if you still don’t feel up to it there are other options that you can go for including at home STD kits that can help you find out if you do have one so you can then go for the proper help that you require.
The solution seemed simple to us: Create a 95% organic, natural, biocompatible personal lubricant. So that’s exactly what we did. And they are:
- Made with 95% Organic Ingredients
- Recommended by medical professionals.
- Naturally free of petroleum, glycerin, parabens, silicone, dyes & harsh ingredients.
- 100% vegan and gluten-free
- Not tested on animals.
- Latex and polyisoprene compatible
- Safe for toys and throughout pregnancy
- Organic compliant food grade flavoring
- Available in Unscented and Lavender
Go ahead and check ‘em out here and of course, #dowhatsnatural.
Meika Hollender is the Co-Founder of Sustain, the first brand of all natural sexual wellness products marketed first and foremost to women. Meika received her MBA from NYU’s Stern School of Business in 2013, and is on a mission to empower women to take control of their sexual health.