Welcome to a new weekly series brought to you by GirlieGirl Army and stunning Annabella Asvik of ethicalbella.com teaching you how to do your face, ethically and gorgeously! Why is this great? Because we have take the looks straight off the runway and cruelty-free’d them simply and beautifully! We have created a step-by-step guide to get your sexy on for your Holiday events that won’t leave your head spinning. Now is the perfect time to toss all the toxic, not-good-for-you cosmetics (who wants to get pretty with carcinogenic and hormone messing cosmetics – not us!), and primp with eco-friendly, safe and cruelty-free makeup to be the belle of the ball – inside and out.
VIDEO: HOT HOLIDAY ECO MAKEUP: Bold, Red Lips – Be the Red Carpet Starlet!
Red Bold Lips – How-To Guide
Inspired by the Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2010 runway makeup, we created this red-carpet starlet look with non-toxic, eco and cruelty-free Ecco Bella cosmetics;
1. Apply foundation and concealer. Red lips deserve a beautiful canvas.
2. Apply a pale shimmery eyeshadow all over eyelids, into the inner corners of eyes and underneath lower lashes.
3. Line top of lid with eyeliner close to lashes.
6. Apply an earthy rose eye shadow very lightly to crease, just to show a hint of color.
4. Dust face with bronzing powder in center of face and along crest of cheek bone.
5. Apply a burgundy rose very lightly on the cheeks.
6. Apply black mascara.
7. Line lips with plum liner.
8. Fill in lips with cranberry lipcrayon.
9. Apply passion lip gloss to bottom lip only.