Carb-phobics, heads up! We got this recipe DIRECTLY from our Personal Trainer/ Nutritionist Kendra Coppey, who trains some very famous and beautiful bods. If she can eat this and stay super fit, so can we goshdarnit! All of the ingredients below are available at Whole Foods or your local health food store.
- 1 package Whole Foods multi-grain Pizza Dough (you can find in the refrigerated section in small plastic bags)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 button Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 head of Broccoli, chopped
- 2 Field Roast ‘sausage’ links, chopped
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 package Sunergia Soy Feta, Tomato Garlic flavor
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull dough to stretch it and get it flat on your pizza pan. You might need to add a little flour to your surface if it is too sticky. Brush dough with 2 tbsp olive oil. Cook the dough for 15-20 minutes until slightly crusty and brown.
- While the dough is cooking, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a skillet. Saute the onion and garlic until onion becomes clear. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and broccoli. Cover, cook 8-10 minutes. Add sausage and cook 3-5 more minutes, just until sausage browns.
- Remove pizza dough from the oven, spread marinara sauce on the bottom, sprinkle veggies and crumble soy feta on the top.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes, just until all toppings are hot and slightly brown. Enjoy!!!
Want more help? Check out this video tutorial to making your own vegan pizza (including the crust) below;
Kendra Coppey is the Founder of Barefoot Tiger, an in-home personal training, yoga, nutrition and massage therapy company in New York and New Jersey. She is a certified yoga teacher, personal trainer and nutrition coach.