We know you are in Tofurky induced food coma right now, and the last thing you want to consider doing is eating more… but it won’t last long. In mere minutes – the carb craving will come fast and furious and you’ll be gladder than glad to have this tasty, cholesterol free, vegan, yummorific recipe handy dandy. Make these cookies for your non-veg, unconvinced love ones as a holiday treat to prove that one need not sacrifice taste for animal-free eats.
Ingredients:cj note: go all organic if possible!! Your bod and the environment will thank and spank you!
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup plain soymilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- In a large bowl, beat together oil and sugar for about 3 minutes; add molasses and soymilk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all the other ingredients, then add in batches to wet mixture; mix together with a firm spoon until well combined (dough should be stiff).
- Flatten the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for an hour (Note: if chilled longer than an hour, let it sit for 10 minutes before proceeding).
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease your cookie sheets.
- On a floured surface roll the dough out to a little less than 1/4 inch thick; cut out in shapes with cookie cutters or glass and gently place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes then remove from oven and let cool completely if decorating.