Statistics show that nearly 1 in every 5 women is attacked at some point in her lifetime. Sadly, many of these emergencies happen nearby friends/family, but there isn’t enough time to contact loved ones or police.
One night after an event, invisaWear founder Rajia was walking back to her car when a car full of guys rolled down the window and started yelling inappropriate comments, the car stopped and one of the guys started to get out. Luckily, Rajia was able to run and get in her car, unharmed. Though she was now safe, Rajia felt completely helpless. Although her phone was right in her purse, she didn’t have that split second to find her phone and call the police or her friends who were still inside, at the event, less than a block away. Rajia started searching out options for wearable devices instead. The current options were too big and bulky, or displayed a “panic button” feeling. She wanted a stylish, discreet S.O.S device, ideal for everyday wear.
Thus, invisaWear was born – where tech meets jewelry!
This necklace could save your life or the life of someone you love. The charm on the necklace has a hidden button on the backside. If you push the button two times, it immediately texts up-to five friends/family members to let them know that you need help. The text message sends them a link to your exact GPS location. It works with a free app that you install on your phone. The simple setup allows you to choose up-to five people that you’d like to notify. You can also set your phone to play an alarm to deter the attacker or attract other people nearby. The app also allows you to enable a free and optional Contact 9-1-1 feature (U.S. Only) which can share your location with 9-1-1 dispatchers during an emergency. You can also set your phone to play an alarm to deter the attacker or attract other people nearby. No charging necessary! The battery life is guaranteed to last one year but typically lasts close to two years depending on the usage. The app will automatically detect once the battery is low, and sends a notification to purchase a discounted replacement charm. Replacement charms start at $99 and you’ll have the option to upgrade to another style. The best part, there are NO annoying monthly fees or subscriptions.
There’s also a great fitness band that is perfect for your favorite runner!
Other options include bracelets, scrunchies, and keychains!
Here’s how it works:
- SHARED LOCATION: Send your location to your loved ones and 9-1-1 even if you don’t know where you are or can’t speak.
- EMERGENCY ALERT: A text message notifies up to 5 pre-selected emergency contacts that you’re requesting help.
- CONTACT 911 FEATURE: Enable the free and optional contact 911 feature to connect your emergency contacts with police close to your location.
- PERSONAL PROFILE: Share personal information like your name with dispatchers to aid in responding to your emergency.
This necklace is perfect for:
- College students
- Real estate agents
- Runners or fitness enthusiasts
- Someone testing out online dating
- New drivers
- Rideshare passengers or drivers
- People who work late at night or alone
- Anyone with a medical condition or disability
- Seniors who don’t want to wear an ugly panic button
- Any loved one that you want to make sure is safe