These melt-in-the-mouth pear galettes are easy to assemble, and make a stunning dessert, especially when served with rich Belgian chocolate sauce. The cuties at Vegalicious found these beautiful, tasty goodies at Waitrose. The are very easy to veganize by leaving out the honey and using vegan, pure chocolate.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 500g pack Puff Pastry
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp Apple and Pear Juice
- 3 pears, washed, halved and quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp agave
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 300g vegan chocolate sauce, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured work surface and cut out 6 circles, 12cm in diameter and about 4mm thick. Transfer to a non-stick baking tray.
- Mix together the ground almonds with the apple and pear juice, then spread over the pastry circles to within 1cm of the edges.
- Arrange the slices of pear over the almond mixture. Gently heat the agave and brush over the pears, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat the apricot jam until bubbling. Allow to cool slightly then sieve, to remove the apricot pieces, and brush over the pear to glaze. Heat the chocolate sauce according to pack instructions and drizzle over the galettes; when ready, serve.
Cook’s tips: Try using apples instead of pears in this recipe.