Wednesday, November 13th, 2019

How to Save Your Pets Life

Published on March 10, 2009 by   ·   38 Comments Pin It

When Health Expert Nityda Coleman told us she wanted to blog on the dangers of commercial pet food, we said yes, PLEASE! After reading “The Nature of Animal Healing : The Definitive Holistic Medicine Guide to Caring for Your Dog and Cat” by Martin Goldstein D.V.M. we completely shifted the way we feed our pets.   Not only did it make no sense to us to feed one animal another animal, we want healthy and happy pets who live lovely long lives! Here at GirlieGirl Army Headquarters, 3 cats and 2 large dogs (all rescued, of course!)   share our lives. Our dogs now eat mostly vegan and organic food (they love the   V Dog Brand particularly, but  PetGuard Organic Vegan Entree Canned Food is another wonderful option if you don’t want to cook for them) and noshing on veggies and sweet potatoes and Boston Baked Bonz Organic Dog Cookies as snacks.       This book (and subsequent expose’s) have proven once again that everything you assume should be questioned.   Don’t just trust that the major commercial pet food manufacturers   care about your pets life – they care about making money.   It’s been proven that even higher end pet foods contain “downer” farm animals, euthanized dogs and cat (yep!), and even sawdust and remnants found on the floors of their factories.   This is all perfectly legal.   Before you go screaming “WTF?!?!” into the afternoon sky, educate yourself by reading the above book, this short blog, and making sure your furry babies are happy from the inside out!

An email that I received from my cousin Khristee the other day truly touched my heart. For just a moment,   Khristee let her closest friends and family into the life of her companion, rest his soul, her Black Labrador Retriever. She described the later part of Magic’s life as being filled with suffering and trauma, attributed to brain tumor-induced seizures and diabetes. Then Khristee began to tell us about Shadow, her other dog, and divulged the atrocities of his recurring ear infections and skin problems. Problems so severe that he would scratch and bite himself endlessly, looking like a “mad dog.” About two months ago Khristee had her “ah ha!” moment. Several years ago, Khristee found that she has an allergic reaction to wheat gluten and no longer includes it in her diet. She put the two together and realized that perhaps it was her dog’s diet that was making him ill.

Through careful experimentation with a variety of natural ingredients, Khristee found that Shadow has an allergy to dairy, and an allergy to wheat gluten, just like she does! She has been making him homemade, all natural meals and treats using whole foods for the past two months. “He doesn’t get ear infections like he used to and his skin is clearing up. His hair is growing back. He smells great. His coat is gorgeous. His skin is soft. Most importantly, he doesn’t bite or scratch himself nearly as much anymore.” My cousin was overjoyed to have her vibrant, energetic puppy back and her mission is to inform fellow pet owners of the harm behind commercial pet foods.   If you dare, learn about the commercial pet food recalls here.

IF YOU WOULDN’T EAT IT WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOUR PET WANTS TO?

Dogs are omnivores, and can be extremely successful on a vegan diet as long as you are making sure that your pup is getting all the right nutrients. For more information on veg dog nutrition see here.

Vegan Dog Treat Recipe:

This recipe uses whole wheat flour, yeast extract and nutritional yeast. Yield: Makes 48 medium dog treats

I N G R E D I E N T S
9 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast extract
3 cups water

I N S T R U C T I O N S
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare cookie sheet lined with parchment/baking paper

Mix first 4 ingredients. Add approximately 3 cups water, 1 cup at a time until dough pulls together. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead into a pliable dough. Roll out to 1/4″ thickness. Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Alternately you can grease the sheets if you wish.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm and browned. Leave in oven to cool overnight or for at least 8 hours so the treats become hard and crunchy.   Make sure to store in a tightly sealed container or zip lock bag. You can also freeze most treats in zip lock freezer bags. Allow to thaw completely before use. **This recipe is courtesy of Gourmet Sleuth. www.gourmetsleuth.com

Our dogs love Snook Dog Treats!

Our dogs love Snook Dog Treats!

WHAT ABOUT CATS?

There is a little more controversy surrounding a vegan diet for our feline friends, but there is plenty of evidence that it can be done healthfully. Helping Animals gives you the scoop here or learn more at vegancats.com and find meatless cat treat recipes at www.nocans.com.

Food for thought:

Nityda Coleman is a nature perusing, animal loving, vinyasa yoga teacher and Holistic Health Counselor (HHC) of The American Association for Drugless Practitioners (AADP) based out of NYC. She enjoys reading and writing about everything vegan. Weakness: Goldie’s Premium carob bars: “How are they so deliciously smooth and creamy?!.” Check her out at www.theblissbodyinyou.com.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. BetseyJ says:

I will start by saying I love this blog, I love the newsletters, and I’m glad I subscribed to you girls!

But I’d like to just give my opinion on this issue.
    Although I am vegetarian and have been for 12+ years, I don’t really agree with turning your pets vegan or vegetarian. I recently had a discussion with a man who owns an organic pet store, and he doesn’t agree with it either.
    But to each their own.

However, it’s been shown that in order to make sure your pets are living a long and healthy life, all their treats and foods should be GRAIN FREE! There are sugars in the grains that dogs and cats do not have the enzymes to break down.

So please make sure all of your pets are living a grain free life!

Keep up the great blog!
    xo
    Betsey J.

2. yeshlee says:

“IF YOU WOULDN’T EAT IT WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOUR PET WANTS TO?”
    No no no no no. NO. I am vegan for health and ethics. I think this choice works for me and for a lot of people. Dogs and cats don’t have a moral compass. If left to their own devices they will kill and eat other animals. My cat has killed many mice in his life and would do so no matter what I wished for him. Our beautiful and dear planet operates the way it does with or without us. I think we should make informed–and hopefully ethical–choices, which includes not keeping animals whose diets require food you do not believe in. Cats are carnivores. If you can’t handle that fact, please adopt a different pet. If you truly care about animals–which is why many of us are vegetarian and vegan–respect them and their natural needs. It’s important to really be honest here and admit that by forcing a cat to consume a vegan diet you are doing so for selfish reasons, not because you have done extensive research and have found that a vegan diet is the healthiest diet on which a feline will thrive. A human can survive on McDonald’s and potato chips, but that is not a convincing argument for that as the best diet for humans. Surviving does not equal thriving. Please take your care and respect for animals to another level. Really look at what THEY need and want. Not through your eyes but through theirs.

3. themessenger says:

Just to give an example of the validity of this posting, both my dogs are mostly vegan and much healthier then they were when they were on a meat based diet. I would NEVER put my pets in danger and have researched this in abundance. They get maximum nutrition, and are mostly cooked for. Other then a few choice brands mentioned in this article, conventional pet food is a killer. Lots of euthed dogs and cats in that food, as well as collars, and other garbage. Do what you want with your pets, but be informed so you can provide your pets with the best care you can.

4. Ari says:

Just wanted to add, we don’t have dogs but almost EVERY dog I know is on a vegan diet and is thriving. Dogs are omnivores. My friend Jill had a rescue dog who just passed away this year. She was veg her whole life and lived to be to the ripe old age of 18. Commercial pet food is shit. Do your research and look at the ingredients in your pet food. Dogs will eat just about anything, including cat shit, but that doesn’t mean we should let them eat it.

5. Emily says:

MY GORGEOUS HEALTHY DOGS (CHIHUAHUA AND ITALIAN GREYHOUND) HAVE BEEN VEGAN FOR MOST OF THEIR LIVES. I COOK FOR THEM AND IF I CAN NOT COOK, I FEED THEM PETGUARD ORGANIC VEGAN CANNED FOOD. DOGS ARE SCAVENGERS BY NATURE FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, THEY DO NOT REQUIRE MEAT FOR HEALTH/LIFE. MY DOGS ARE GORGEOUS, THE PERFECT SLIM WEIGHT AND LOOK MUCH YOUNGER THAN THEIR AGES. PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE PUPPIES. MY HOPE FOR THEM IS TO LIVE HEALTHY PAST AGE 20 AND NOT GET CANCER. IF YOU DONT WANT TO FEED YOUR DOG A COMPLETELY VEGAN DIET RIGHT AWAY OR EVER, I SUGGEST USING PETGUARD ORGANIC VEGAN FOOD OR COOKING (BROWN RICE/QUINOA/BEANS/VEGGIES) AS THE MAIN PORTION AND MIXING IN A “BIT” OF ORGANIC MEAT FOOD FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY OR COOK IT YOURSELF- TO GIVE THEM THE SCENT THEY ARE USED TO. DOGS DO NOT HAVE TASTE BUDS, THEY RESPOND TO SENSE OF SMELL. I ALSO DO NOT GIVE MY DOGS ANY SHOTS, AFTER READING DR. GOLDSTEINS BOOK, I WOULDNT LET A NEEDLE IN TEN FEET OF MY DOGS. I ALSO BRUSH THIER TEETH REGULARLY BECAUSE MANY DOGS DIE OF A BACTERIAL TOOTH INFECTION THAT TRAVELS TO THE HEART, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE SMALLER IN SIZE. THERE IS SOMETHING SO BEAUTIFUL ABOUT HEARING A DOG CRUNCH REAL FOODS, LIKE BROCCOLI AND APPLES. NO ONIONS THOUGH. POISON FOR DOGS. AND JUST A NOTE, THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON PET FOOD WHATSOEVER. ANYONE CAN PUKE IN A BAG AND SELL IT AS HEALTHY NATURAL DOG FOOD. CONSIDER READING “FOOD PETS DIE FOR”!

6. My rescued Chihuahua Enzo is a vegan, and is thriving. He just got his physical exam at the vet and came back with STELLAR results. He is happy, healthy, and amazing. I know many vegan pitbulls as well, and they all are in tip-top shape. Like us, they are opportunistic omnivores and can thrive on most things.

Let’s get something straight: Dogs and cats are domesticated animals. There is nothing “natural” about them, per se. Dogs hung out around garbage sites and domesticated themselves – and cats were domesticated as long as 10,000 years ago probably as a way to keep rodents out of food storage. If you want to talk about messing with what’s “natural” lets start there.

Most of them could not survive in the wild without us – and the industrialization of the foods that are made for them are not somehow ‘neutral’ because cats kill mice or because dogs might eat meat if they came across some.

If my dog or cat were feral, sure, let them eat or kill what they will (however, the extinction of many, many birds, like the laughing owl, in the last few hundred years is due to domesticated cats, FYI).

Making ANY argument on a domesticated animal’s “natural” diet is shaky at best. Keeping them healthy and happy is of the utmost importance, so if a cat can be healthy on a vegan diet, and it checks out Ok at the vet, and remains playful, happy, and healthy, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

7. Gretchen says:

I have four healthy, gorgeous dogs who have been eating only vegan food and treats for 6 years. One of them is a rescue who was around 7 when I adopted her, which puts her at 13 but she is frisky, vibrant and has no health problems. One thing that inspired me to feed my dogs vegan food was learning about how very long vegan dogs live. They are happy, healthy and love their vegan food; why would I even consider participating in the ruthless slaughter of cows, pigs, lambs and chickens when it’s totally unnecessary and horrible on so many levels?

8. Great post! Love the recipe :)

My dog is a happy vegan and so super healthy.

Cheers,
    Kristen

9. Candice says:

Chloe Jo,

Although I love your blog, I would strongly suggest doing more through research before suggesting to your readers how to take care of their pets. You obviously do not know enough on the matter.

V-Dog brand dog food is probably the worst possible food you can give your dog. Although it doesn’t contain meat, the main ingredient is wheat, the #1 food to cause atopic dermatitis in dogs. After wheat, whole corn (which is indigestible, not nutritious and one of the other top three foods that cause problems with dogs). Soy is the other ingredient of the top three foods that cause skin inflammation in dogs. Especially pure breads like Goldens and labs who are most susceptible to skin allergies. These three ingredients, are the main ingredients in V-Dog. Then we have Pasta? Brewers yeast? Corn Gluten Meal? You’re gonna say this food is better for your dog than by-product free organic meat? Ouch!!!

Your dog is way better off eating a raw meat diet mixed with dry dog food suck as Merrick with steamed vegetables or brown rice than V-Dog.

10. Nityda says:

First, I would like to say that I greatly appreciate all of the responses to this blog post. It is actually quite reassuring to hear people respond so passionately towards the health of their pets.

Secondly, I would like to take some time to talk about our beloved feline friends. While many people have agreed that dogs are omnivores and can definitely strive on a vegan/vegetarian diet, there is still some skepticism in regards to the healthfulness of a vegan/vegetarian cat diet. I believe that a healthy vegan cat diet is possible, but let it be clear that my purpose in this post is not to convince those that disagree with me to hop the fence; people will believe what they want no matter what.

Someone brought to my attention that cat’s need taurine, which is found in animal tissue. However, the vegan cat foods that are recommended in the post provide adequate amounts of the taurine supplement. Just as a vegan human being needs to supplement vitamin B12, a vegan cat also needs this taurine supplement. There are many vegan cat success stories out there, but there are many more non-vegan cats in existence than there are vegan cats, (just as there are many more omnivore humans than vegan humans) and so we do not often hear about these success stories.

I call myself a vegan because I take the lives of all animals into consideration before I pursue any of my day to day activities. The meat and dairy industry are two powerful corporations that help to brainwash us from the day we are born. From childhood we are taught that we need milk to get calcium and “build strong bones.” That is false. Leafy green vegetables and whole grains are a more adequate source of calcium. From childhood we are made to believe that we need meat to get protein; also false. Many of the animals that people eat to get protein are in fact herbivores and don’t eat meat, yet people are eating these herbivores for their protein. So clearly herbivores get protein! From childhood we are also conditioned towards the notion that it is okay to love some animals more than others. We care more about our domesticated cats and dogs than we care about chickens and pigs, and the other animals that show up on our plates.

Many people underestimate the intelligence of animals. Animals have no moral compass? Ok. I strongly disagree!
    I have seen a dog save another dog’s life. I have seen a cat tend to an injured human child and keep him calm until further help arrived. These animals do have a moral compass and these animals are intelligent!

I care not much for a man’s religion whose dog or cat are not the better for it.
    -Abraham Lincoln

I do agree though, that these animals’ brains are developed in a way that is different than our own. A dog or cat left to his/her own devices may or may not chase a frog, rabbit or rat, but if we are the more developed species and we have power over these animals, then it is our responsibility to use our power in a way that will harm no living beings (especially if we call ourselves vegan). Someone who has never lived with a vegan cat cannot state that the diet doesn’t work, just as a human being that has never tried going vegan should not claim that the vegan diet is unhealthy for humans. If you give a vegan cat diet a try and it simply doesn’t work for your pet, well then it doesn’t work! Just as I tell my health clients, you have to listen to your own body (your cat’s body); we are all unique souls.

This is your beautiful life and you have the freedom to do with it as you please; many of our animals, however, do not have this freedom.

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it treats it’s animals.
    -Gandhi

11. Adriane says:

Preach it!!!! Nicely put!!!!

12. yeshlee says:

Well said.

13. Dr. Michael Roth says:

As a veterinarian with over 20 years’ experience in clinical practice, (I graduated Cornell in 1985), I just wanted to clarify a couple of points made above regarding the post that stated wheat, corn and soy are the most common allergens in dogs. Dogs can react to any ingredient in any food, just like people. Some people are allergic to peanut butter, some to shellfish. The most common allergens in dogs are proteins sourced from animals. Many veterinary dermatologists advise using a vegetarian diet for 3 months as a trial for dogs who may be allergic to chicken, beef, lamb, or any other meat protein component. Having said that, some dogs may not do well with gluten, just like some people. Making a blanket statement that ‘V-dog is the worst food to feed your dog’ is not based on any facts. Dogs can thrive on a meat-free diet, as they are true omnivores. Anectdotally, my own Golden Retriever lived to 16 on a vegan diet. I also have a vegan cat, but that’s another issue. In the interest of full disclosure, I feed my dog a combination of V-dog and Evolution Diet, and my cat eats Evolution Diet. They also share my food on a regular basis, which usually include steamed veggies and brown rice, as the poster suggested, but minus the Merrick.

14. Nityda says:

Thanks for that input Dr. Michael Roth.

Cheers!

15. […] can be ‘eco-friendly‘ , on the best Vegan Cheeses, and on the controversy surrounding veganizing your companion animal. Watch out for those crazy cat people! They get their claws […]

16. Jason says:

I’m currently transitioning my cats to a vegan diet (no easy task when you co-own them with a non-vegan). I really don’t think they’ll mind at all. In fact, if ever I leave my stove unattended, you can be sure that my boy cat, Palmer, will fish out a piece of steamed broccoli or soy chicken or whatever, and run for his life with it to go eat it behind the bookcase or under the bed. Also he CRIES when I have french fries (which are not really fries, but organic potatoes that I’ve baked, containing no trans fat or saturated fat). To get him to leave me alone, I have to throw one, watch him run after it, and then he plays with it with more vigor than his toy mice until ultimately “killing” it and eating it. Yes, the cat loves potatoes. Both of my cats have a strange obsession with Vegenaise, and my boy cat (whom I’m sure was a dumpster cat before being picked up by the ASPCA and ultimately adopted into our home) thinks another fun game is to still the lid off the Extra Virgin Olive Oil container and lick all the olive oil off. So yeah. . .when I can convince my boyfriend to let me go all-the-way vegan with them, they’re not going to mind at all.

I think it’s just important to research which vegetables may be toxic to your pets; that’s all. For instance, I am very careful to make sure my cats don’t get into any onion or garlic.

17. Jason says:

Embarassing homonym error above from typing so fast: “Still” should be “steal.”

18. Blair Sorrel says:

Many thanks for this crucial nutritional advice. I just wanted to inform you of http://www.StreetZaps.com, a timely and useful tool intended to reduce the year-round risk of injury and fatality from stray voltage. And so you are aware, I confer with Con Edison’s Stray Voltage Unit and was the first non-electrical representative to be invited to the Jodie Lane Fourth National Conference last May. It is my firm wish that Why Not? will disseminate this vital public service as quickly and as widely as possible to preclude more tragedies. Further, our electrical collaborators anticipate more summer than winter incidents in the years ahead.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

In appreciation and with best regards,

Blair Sorrel
    Founder

19. Kristi H says:

That was a VERY interesting article. Thanks!

I am now considering switching my dogs to a vegan diet since I’m vegan. Which foods do you recommend? Are you sure this is safe for dogs? Every vet tells me dogs are carnivores, not omnivores. Which vegan wet food AND dry food is the best?

20. chloejo says:

Hey Kristi, I feed my dogs the food I eat – healthy, homecooked and delish. Sometimes, when I’m lazy I do a mixture of the PetGuard Organic Vegan, chopped apples or veg (anything but onions or grapes, toxic for dogs!!), and V Dog Dry.

21. Kristi H says:

Where do you get V dog and the other vegan dog foods mentioned here?

Thanks!

22. Chloe Jo says:

All available online or by asking your local pet food store to carry, just google OR:
    V Dog: http://www.v-dogfood.com
    PetGuard: http://www.petguard.com
    Many more available online – just google “Vegan Dog Food”

23. VeggieTart says:

I am mom to a 17-year-old cat I have lived with for over 14 years (she was three when she adopted me). She was 10 when I decided to go veg and I did not think it wise to drastically alter her diet at that age. I buy her the natural brands. She is in fairly good health, save for the issues that affect elderly cats–thyroid and blood pressure. She is very affectionate.

My cat loves salt. She loves it when I get french fries from the local falafel place and really goes nuts when my boyfriend is eating crackers. I try to discourage this as it’s not good for her.

Cats are carnivores. They have the digestive system of carnivores. They eat things humans would not want to eat, and humans eat things that must make them shake their heads in wonder.

24. Sarah says:

Sarah

25. Josephine says:

Could you post some of the recipes your friend used to make her own dog food? Thanks for the tip on V-Dog. I just ordered a 33# bag.

26. AliE says:

This in an outright dangerous and uninformed piece of advice:
    “There is a little more controversy surrounding a vegan diet for our feline friends, but there is plenty of evidence that it can be done healthfully.”

I wish people would give a little thought about what is species-appropriate, and what is an irresponsible imposing of their own choices on other beings – beings that are dependent on them.

Cats, as opposed to dogs, are straight carnivores for whom a vegetarian or vegan diet is extremely harmful. I don ´t know what “evidence” there is that cats can healthfully live on a vegan diet, but it is the result of said radical vegan ´s desire to impose their own beliefs, and as I am convinced, can surely be invalidated.

Please, by all means live vegan yourself, just don ´t promote misconceptions with dangerous results for others.

27. Nityda says:

It is important to not only read the blog itself, but the comments left from others before you as well. That way you do not miss out on the progress made in the discussing of the blog’s content.

So, if you have not yet read my comment (which is approx. 15 comments before this one) please scroll up on your screen and read or re-read the previous comment I left.

The few negative comments that have bee left have gotten away from the intent of this post: to suggest that people be MINDFUL of their food choices for their pets–make homemade pet food if possible and do research. My cousin, whom the post speaks of, did her research and learned of the best and most wholesome foods she could provide her dogs. That being said, if you don’t want to give your pet a vegan diet, then don’t, and go about your merry life.

All the information provided in this post was written mindfully and after much research.

28. Chloe Jo says:

WATCH THE GOOD MORNING AMERICA SEGMENT (WITH ME!!) THAT DISCUSSES THIS ISSUE HERE: http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7287243

29. […] This chap added an interesting post on ***The GirlieGirl Army*** Blog Archive How to Save Your Pets LifeHere’s a small excerpt.com/animate-disc-o-dog-frisbee-for-dogs-yellow.com/booda-soft-bite-turbo-disc-toy-for-dogs-red. PetMate DogMate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for dogs is a quality. Kong Hard Rubber Dental Toy for Dogs- Medium- 5.57. Animate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for Dogs- Yellow- 7.98 From: Pet Nutrition Products, Inc. Yellow Ducky Doggie Pajamas by Companion Road. This quality exercise toy encourages healthy activity in both dog and owner! pDogMate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for dogs is a quality exercise toy that. 3rd, 2008 at 2:01 PM doesn’t need to worry that it would turn yellow one day due to natural oxidation. Tags: Bag oz 8-Dogs for Treats Blueberry Bison Balance Natural. Animate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for Dogs- Yellow. Disc-O-Dog Frisbee by Animate 9.99- PetSmart. From: Pet Animate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for Dogs- Yellow- 7.98. DogMate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for dogs is a quality exercise toy that encourages. Animate Disc-o-dog Frisbee For Dogs- Yellow. Learn more about Animate Disc-O-Dog Frisbee for Dogs- Yellow by visiting our website. Cats and dogs medication, products and accessories- My Super Pets […] […]

30. Eric Milano says:

I’ve written up some info about this topic, mainly from the point of view of cat owners that some people might find helpful.

31. Chrissie Eden Vazquez says:

Dogs, cats, and people are all different creatures, and I gotta say, I don’t believe that enforcing human morality on animals doens’t make any sense to me. I just put down a 16 yr old pitbull that lived to be that age on a nearly raw diet of chicken, beef hearts, brown rice, and any veggies we felt like throwing at her. Conversely, I had a chihuahua quit on me at the age of 8.

Dogs can eat pretty much anything, and it’s probably not TERRIBLE if you feed your dog vegan, so long as you know what, if any allergies your dog has. For example, my pitbull is DEATHLY allergic to yeast and soy. I could never give them to him without having a perpetually sick and itchy animal. But I only know that because I spent a ton of money at Smithridge taking him to Dr. Marty…

Not everyone has that kinda dough on hand to blow on testing a dog for food allergies so they can avoid killing another being to feed the dog (when that other being is already considered by the world at large as a food species and is gonna die regardless)…in that instance, the better bet is to avoid commercial dog food and feed your dog “people” food.

Cats, on the other hand, as far as I have ever read or seen for myself, are obligate carnivores, and if left to their own designs WILL hunt small rodents and birds (as evidenced in my own back yard), so why force them to eat something else and make them take supplements when you could just as easily give them food they’d eat naturally?

32. Chrissie Eden Vazquez says:

** I DO believe that enforcing human morality on animals doesn’t make any sense. Sheesh, get off the phone when you type, Chriss!

33. […] Someone I’ve heard of placed an observative post today on ***The GirlieGirl Army*** Blog Archive How to Save Your Pets LifeHere’s a quick excerptthose who wish to train two dogs simultaneously, the BT-502A. Innotek Free Spirit BT-502A 2-Dog Basic Trainer. INNOTEK Dog Basic TRAINER BT-502A (SKU: BT-502A). This chart allows you to compare Multiple Dog- Training Collars so that you can find the system. Dog Pillow Bed Extra Large Dog Bed Free Shipping Dog Bed. Buy Innotek Two-dog Basic Trainer at the lowest price, guaranteed! Electronic dog training collars consist of two parts: A hand-held transmitter that. Innotek Free Spirit BT-502A 2-Dog Basic Trainer. k&h midwest homes for pets general cage free shipping. Innotek Free Spirit BT-502A 2-Dog Basic Trainer. Innotek BT-502A dog shock collar is suited to most dog personalities and temperaments. Innotek, BT-502A (2 Dog), All Size Dogs. BT-502A Innotek Two Dog Basic Trainer- FREE SHIPPING! Innotek Free Spirit BT-502A 2-Dog Basic Trainer. Code: BT-502A Manufacturer: Innotek Price:210.95. SportDog, Dogtra, Innotek, Unleashed, Petsafe. Innotek Basic Electronic Dog Trainers have been the industry […] […]

34. Lisa says:

Thanks for info chloe, maybe I will work on changing my dog’s diet. But she doesn’t like veggies. She likes junk food, what a bad doggy tongue, huh? I don’t know how to get her to eat more veggies.

35. Chloe Jo says:

Try smothering carrots in peanut butter, apples in tofutti cream cheese, and celery in hummus… see which s/he goes for and go from there! :) I started adding tons of veggies to my homebaked dog treats to get ’em eating right from the start!

36. Whitney says:

Thanks so much for posting this and to everyone that left comments.
    I’ve been researching the vegan diet for dogs and compile it on my blog: http://ecovegandog.blogspot.com/. There are plenty of resources and testimonials that prove that a dog can thrive on a vegan diet. The real test will be seeing how my Jack Russell does on it!

37. […] Animals: Foster respect for animals by adopting instead of buying; research vegan pet foods, volunteer at a shelter, or visit an animal sanctuary instead of a zoo. See if your local […]

38. I love your blog, I would strongly suggest doing more through research before suggesting to your readers how to take care of their pets. You obviously do not know enough on the matter.

Sharing Buttons by Linksku