Happiness is closely linked to three kinds of habits:
1. Teach your child constructive mental habits that create happiness.
2. Teach your child self-management routines that create happiness.
3. Cultivate fun.
4. Model positive self- talk.
5. Cultivate optimism…
6. Help your child find joy in everyday things.
7. Support your child to prioritize relationships.
8. Help your child develop gratitude.
9. Accept all emotions.
10. Help him learn how to manage his moods.
11. Counteract the message that happiness can be bought.
12. Help your child learn the joy of contribution.
Dr. Laura Markham is the author of Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings: How to Stop the Fighting and Raise Friends for Life and Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting and more, – you can visit her at ahaparenting.com. Purchase her books here;
Image and article reprinted with permission by the author.