“I will not retire while I’ve still got my legs and my make-up box.” Bette Davis
Eden Di Bianco‘s existence is like spotting a pink unicorn; truly adorable and very rare. Ever heard of a cosmetologist who specializes in providing cruelty-free beauty services on location (that means in your living room if you so deem it) for affordable rates who comes bustling in with a smile and a gluten-free cookie? How about a hair and make-up pro who will come to you and do anything from your color to your brows using only natural (if that’s your bag) products for incredibly reasonable rates?
Eden DiBianco (above)
The artists we’ve found who use cruelty-free products often have made us look worse than when we came in. Eden actually provides glam bang for the buck, which is why we’ve chosen to share our glam squad secret with you, we aren’t the type to keep our beauty finds to ourselves. Educated at the Carsten Aveda Institute in NYC and trained in French hair cutting technique, this superstar of animal-friendly celebrities, fashion shoots and runway (all the images in this exclusive are of her work!) is our in-house girl for cuts, color, and glam face before a big event. All the hair and make-up products she uses are cruelty-free, and our girl promises to never put anything on your face or hair that she wouldn’t use on her own. Plus 10% of anything she makes is donated to organizations that help rehab and place homeless or abandoned dogs. So when Eden offered to not only share her top 10 favorite products with us but offer one of our deserving readers a make over we said….. yes, please!
Oh, did we mention you can win a make-over with her by leaving a comment below? Details on that later. First, GirlieGirl Goodies!
The Top Ten Items In My Kit That I Don’t Do A Photoshoot Without:
by Eden Di Bianco
1) e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow in Elegant: This shadow has a soft subtle shimmer to it that is great for brightening up the eye area and is an amazing base for any eyeshadow look from natural to a fierce smokey eye. The shade is an ivory with a slight goldish reflection. I have yet to find a skin tone this color does not look amazing on either in the corners of the final look for a wide eyed look or as a brow highlight. Best part? It’s only $3 a pop. That’s right, $3, and is available online or in your local Target.
2) Beauty Without Cruelty Full Volume or Ultimate Mascara: BWC Mascara provides beautiful lashes that pop without flaking, parabens, animal ingredients, or potentially irritating fragrance. This mascara lasts all day and washes off without leaving you looking like a raccoon.
3)bdellium Vegan Green Bambu brushes: The handles of theses brushes are made of sustainable bamboo, and each brush has a wonderful balance of softness and bristle density for smooth and consistent applications. Best part? These cool vegan brushes are truly professional tools whose price makes them super accessible for everyone.
4) Logona Naturkosmetik: Bamboo Hairstyler: Don’t go telling everybody my secrets, but I turn to this amazing German product for blow dries with bounce and volume without sacrificing hold on humid days. It’s light and airy, and the bamboo extract lends a beautiful flexibility to hair. Plus it’s non aerosol and contains no artificial colors or nasty chemicals–you can see right through it. It boasts organic chamomile and hops and a smell that I can only describe using the technical term “yummy”.
5) Tara Smith Basecoat Serum: I’m fond of saying “I’m a beautician, not a magician!” but this stuff makes me feel like one. It’s great after a blow dry to soothe dry damaged or flyaway hair because it nourishes and leaves hair silky and shiny, not clumpy and greasy. Also great on damp hair before a blow dry to protect delicate strands, or to finish a look for photos.
6) Gabriel Cosmetics Lipsticks: These Candelilla wax based lipsticks are free of lead, gluten, and petrochemicals, and are so far the best vegan reds I have found so far, which is an absolute must for any glamor girl.
7) My favorite vegan tinted moisturizer/medium coverage foundation hands down is from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. They offer surprisingly good coverage for a tinted moisturizer that is definitely buildable. The biggest boon for me when looking for vegan foundations is that OCC comes in a variety of shades for compassionistas of ALL colors. As a Latina, this is an issue I have had with other companies that have good products but with limited availability for women with deeper skin tones, which for some reason remain invisible to several major luxury cosmetic companies.
8) Back to my old friends e.l.f.: their high definition powder is outrageously similar to the Make Up Forever High Def powder. Both are translucent fine milled mineral silica powders that provide a soft focus effect and mattify any slick spots without caking up on skin–except that MUF’s is $30 and e.l.f.’s is $6 for the same amount of powder. I own and use both, and the e.l.f. version is a steal.
9) MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder: This stuff is delicious. It goes on with a cool refreshing feeling, and the powders reflect light in a way that gives you a soft glow.
10) AVEDA Air Control Hairspray: By far the best flexible but firm hold I’ve found in a hairspray so far for the grueling demands on some of my work. Hair moves and doesn’t look wet or hard, and holds up to demanding hairstyling like bridal up dos. It’s an aerosol but has zero net impact, doesn’t smell chemical and nasty, goes on dry and holds using pine resin and certified organic flax seed.
NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF!
Enter for a chance to win a Girls Just Wanna have Fun cruelty free makeover from Eden!
Enter by leaving a comment here telling us when you feel the most beautiful and why you (or someone close to you) deserves this makeover, then like our new page on facebook. There is no right or wrong answer. Beauty is about who we are inside as well as out, and it’s OK to embrace both and to want to save the world and get a thrill out of a new pair of shoes at the same time. Winners will be announced on August 1st 2011 exclusively on GGA. Subject to availability, prize redeemable until 02/08/2011 in the NY area only.
And it’s not over yet: Here are some dramatically discounted package deals exclusive to GirlieGirl Army readers! Email or call Eden (contact information below) to book your appointment and mention GGA for these special rates.
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – $125
Have your HS reunion coming up? Going to your ex’s wedding? Just land your dream job and going out to celebrate? Give good face for any special event by booking this package. Includes a hair set for red carpet worthy locks, brow grooming, and party proofed make up so you can go ahead and let your girls tag you in those pictures on Facebook. This is an absurdly good deal for all of these services together under your very own roof and saves you a lot of time running around to different locations.
Give It To Me Straight: $45
Scalp massage and blow dry or flat iron: Humidity got you down? Tame that unruly mane with a banging blow out or flawless flatiron.
Shine On $145
Haircut, Diamond Shine Gloss, Deep Conditioning Treatment: Restore the health of your hair by cutting off those dead ends (aka stripper ends) causing flyaway’s and dullness and turn on the shine with this restorative treatment.
California Girl: $175
Highlights, Gloss, and Trim: Carefully weaved summer highlights for a look that’s sexy, not stripy, plus a gloss for shine and multidimensional tones and a trim to keep it clean.
Here Comes the Bride -$350
Comprehensive cruelty free bridal package. Includes pre-wedding consultation, trial and Day Of expert hair styling and make up application including premium lashes for luscious locks and a flawless face that will smile back at you in photos for a lifetime. Add grooming services for the Groom to the package for only $25! Special packages available for LGBT weddings!
*Please make inquiries for bridal packages as far in advance as possible, all Saturdays for July are already booked and August will fill up fast!
GGA BFF C. Eden Di Bianco is an Aveda trained hairstylist/make up artist/brow expert extraordinaire who specializes in cruelty free hair & make up services on location. Working in your home, hotel room, or even office, she provides amazing service on your schedule. This flexible and highly personalized service model is a lifesaver for Mamazons (who can get beautified while Baby naps) night owls, nurse, bartenders (whose work shifts that make scheduling time for beauty nearly impossible). or for anyone looking for cruelty free glamour without the attitude or commute to the salon! Eden’s clients (well, those she can talk about) include chef/author Alexandra Jamieson, comedian Leo Allen, The NJ Housewives, Elizabeth Olsen designer/founder of olsen Haus shoes, and our very own Chloé Jo Davis and family.
Tags: affordable vegan make up, Alexandra Jamieson, animal testing, animal-friendly celebrities, AVEDA Air Control Hairspray, Bamboo Hairstyler, bdellium, bdellium Vegan Green Bambu brushes, Beauty Without Cruelty, C. Eden Di Bianco, Candelilla wax based lipsticks, Carsten Aveda Institute, chloe jo davis, Chrissie DiBianco, Chrissie Vazquez, cruelty free make up, cruelty-free beauty services, cruely-free colorist, e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow, Eden Di Bianco, Eden Di Bianco hair and make up, Elizabeth Olsen, Gabriel Cosmetics Lipsticks, gluten-free cookies, Leo Allen, LGBT wedding hair stylist, LGBT wedding make up artist, LGBT weddings, Logona Naturkosmetik, MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder, Make Up Forever High Def powder, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, OlsenHaus, on location hair and make up nyc, products not tested on animals, Tara Smith Basecoat Serum, The NJ Housewives, Top 10 Cruelty Free Beauty Products, vegan hair colorist, vegan hair salon, vegan lipsticks, Vegan make upSocial Buttons by Linksku - Share links onlinePin It