Fall for this rich and woodsy recipe that is warming and filling.
Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Package Fettuccine Noodles
- 1 Variety Pack of Fresh Wild Mushrooms (They usually sell these in the produce section, but if you can’t find one, you can use about 1-2 ozs of your favorite Fresh Mushroom. Portabellas are great.)
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts (drained)
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Braggs
- 1 Teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Parsley (diced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese , to sprinkle over the top
Prepare your Pasta per instructions on your package.
In vos favoris cast iron skillet (that’s French for your favorite), heat Margarine and Olive Oil over a medium heat until the Margarine melts. Then add Wild Mushrooms, Artichokes, Garbanzo Beans and Garlic. Toss and then pour the White Wine and Braggs over the top. Keep tossing until the Mushrooms begin to become tender. Then add Herbs De Provence, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Parsley and Thyme and continue to cook your Mushroom Mix until the Mushrooms are the desired tenderness.
Then add your cooked Pasta to the cooked Mushroom Mix and mix in the skillet. If you want a saltier, stronger flavor, only put 2/3 of your pasta in the skillet. Let cook and flavors mingle for about 1 minute and then serve with Vegan Parmesan Cheese sprinkled over the top.
*I really love adding Artichokes to this because it gave a bright contrast to the earthy umami flavor of the mushrooms. If you don’t like artichoke hearts – I would recommend Heart of Palms.
Recipe via Meet The Shannons. We’ve been kvelling over Dan and Annie Shannon’s cooking skills for quite a while. They launched the Betty Crocker Project on their site, and made it their goal to veganize the entire Betty Crocker cookbook.
Tags: Annie Shannon, Dan Shannon, Meet the Shannons, RECIPE: Fettuccine with Wild Mushrooms & Artichoke Hearts, recipes with mushrooms, using artichoke hearts, vegan alfredo recipe, vegan fettuccine recipes