Dessert Hot Off the Grill?
Published on August 23, 2009 by chloejo · 1 Comment
During the summer we’re spending more time outdoors, and cooking on the grill. There’s no reason why we can’t cook up a lovely dessert out there, too! Grilling fresh seasonal fruit brings out the sweetness, the sugars in the fruit caramelize over the fire into pure yumminess! Make sure the grill is well-oiled so the fruit doesn’t stick. It takes just a few minutes and your fruit dessert is ready to eat. Top it off with a scoop of ice cream and you’ve got a fancy and delicious presentation! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Honeydew or cantaloupe melon. Cut into long spears so you get pretty grill marks. Brush with a little lemon juice and ginger.
- Pears. Cut in half and scoop out the core. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Serve with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bananas. Make your own version of bananas foster with a little brown sugar, and optional banana liquor!
- Apricots and Nectarines. These fruits taste great brushed with a little agave and served with sugar cookies.
- Pineapple skewers. Perfect just on their own, a tropical treat!
- Fruit Kabobs! Skewer your favorite fruits together and grill. Colorful and tasty, too!
Guest Blogger Lissa Coffey is a Lifestyle Designer/Relationship Expert/Broadcast Journalist, and author of”What’s Your Dosha, Baby? Discover the Vedic Way for Compatibility in Life and Love” Check out her free quiz to determine your dosha.
Tags: Bananas Foster, CoffeyTalk, Dosha, Fruit Kabobs, Fruit on the grill, Grilled Fruit, Grilled Fruit Kabobs, Lissa Coffey, Pineapple skewers, Vegan Desserts, What's Your Dosha