Tuesday, February 20th, 2018

Documentary Whores Get Vegucated

Published on January 17, 2011 by   ·   13 Comments Pin It

We are serious documentary whores.  Scoff at the bawdy language if you like.  We love a good inside look at anything insane and true.  Films like Peaceable Kingdom, Grey Gardens, and Fahrenheit 9/11 are quoted readily, at all hours. We rarely wait with such anticipation for a new doc as we have for Vegucated by GGA contributor Marisa Miller-Wolfson.  Part sociological experiment and part adventure comedy, Vegucated is a guerrilla-style documentary that follows three meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers from different backgrounds who, for six weeks, adopt a vegan diet and a whole new way of thinking about food. Due to premiere in 2011, the trailer was just released this week.

Check it out;

Visit getvegucated.com for updates and/ or follow them on twitter here.

The adorable filmmaker, Marisa Miller-Wolfson. Photo by Meg Wachter.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. kelly says:

Can’t wait to see this….

2. Diane L says:

Looks great, can’t wait to see it!

3. woah! this looks awesome. So excited about it. Yay Marisa! Thanks for showcasing this Chloe!

4. Lenore says:

I think this is a great idea for a doc. My hope is that this film will also demonstrate that vegan food is actually enjoyable to eat, and not just a huge sacrifice for the greater good.

5. “Documentary whores” – A nice new word to add to the dictionary, eh!

The documentary looks awesome though – I know a ton of people who “don’t get it” when talking about being vegan.

6. Jo says:

I know the film maker and I’ve met one of the subjects – the story is unbelievable. Vegucated will save thousands of animals. Keep us posted on premiere dates nationwide – it’s a must-see!

7. Love how you did the cafo scene, their reactions. To know this is happening on a massive scale that is deliberately hidden from consumers is something to shine a light on. Looking forward to seeing it. Pamela, Author ‘Giving Voice to Your Cause’

8. thanks for posting the trailer, I hadn’t heard of that film yet! will look forward to seeing it.

9. Allison Tray says:

Looks great!!!

10. Hannah Hnida says:

Wow, I’m not a vegan but I’m making the life decision to become a vegetarian. I am also incorporating Yoga and a greater sense of balance in my life. Animal mistreatment really affects me emotionally and this documentary may show that it’s not as hard as you think.

11. char. says:

Cannot wait to see this!!! :-)

12. Julia says:

This looks awesome. I can’t wait to see it!

13. Sweeti says:

Great list! Another great great sort-of documentary I saw on Netflix was an epiosde of 30 Days, where a hunter lived with an animal activist. By the end of the 30 days he was helping out at a sanctuary and was moved by the rescue of an abandoned cow. Great epiosde

* indicates required